September 17, 2017 2 view(s)
Created by FreepikWith so many Aloe Vera products, we are often asked, "which product is best for dry hands?" The answer is Aloethera Intensive Hand Lotion and this is why.
Although at Key West Aloe have a number of high concentration moisturizers, Aloethera Intensive Hand Lotion is hard to beat for your hands. In addition to being 52% Lab Certified Aloe Vera, Aloethera Intensive Hand Lotion contains both a healthy serving of Vitamin E.
Why the Vitamin E? Two reasons. The first is that Vitamin E has been shown to be an antioxidant that can be absorbed through the skin and be available to the body as a strong defensive agent to the oxidation process. "Pollution" of all kinds from radiation (the sun) to chemicals to which we are all exposed can lead to oxidation of our cells, and subsequently dangerous cell mutations. This process often leads to aging and disease.
In addition to being a strong antioxidant, Vitamin E also serves as natural emollient . This means that when applied to your skin, it helps lock in moisture, preventing rapid evaporation often caused by dry air. Maintaining skin moisture is essential to keeping it looking and feeling healthy.
Like our other products, you will find that Aloethera Intensive Hand Lotion "feels" different. Our proprietary Aloe Vera foundation provides that immediate nourishing yet clean feeling. The other ingredients in this blend then provide a slightly more rich feel as the Vitamin E and other ingredients leave your hands feeling like they have a protective barrier without feeling greasy. A little goes a long way for sure.
Some of our suggestions for dry hands:
- Keep Aloethera Intensive Hand Lotion close to where you wash your hands most often. After towel drying your hands, immediately apply the lotion to lock in the remaining moisture. Use a small amount, work it in, then apply more as needed.
- Keep a bottle by the door. Before you go out, put some on your hands to create a barrier before you even come in contact with the outdoor air and environmental factors.
- Apply often. We shed our skin continuously and therefore need to aggressively moisture, seal and protect that top layer which is continuously changing. We have a 1 oz size that's perfect for you purse.
- Contact = dry. Remember that any part of your body that continuously gets rubbed by pants, shirts, armrests, etc. will lose moisture. Don't forget to apply to your elbows, knees, feet, and any place else that you find getting dry;
- Sleep on it. A great way to recharge those hands and other body parts is to apply a good amount right before bed so that your body can absorb the benefits and deep moisturising of the Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, and be protected from drying while the heat is on.